Universal Orlando has announced a new restaurant coming to Universal CityWalk later this year, and its unique concept has us very excited. It is a “19th century-inspired Steampunk chocolate factory,” featuring “towering smoke stacks, funky gadgetry, and staff wearing unique Steampunk fashion.” If you imagine a cross between Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory and Lemony Snickett’s Series of Unfortunate Events (but with a lot less “creepy”), you will just about have it.
Located near the entrance to Islands of Adventure, the establishment will be the latest in a trend for Universal to bring popular dining concepts to CityWalk. Admittedly, the menu sounds promising with its variety and flair. An all-day brunch menu will be available that features crepes and quiches. Additionally, there will be regular items such as steak, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, and salads that are infused with a creative twist. However, the real sweet spot comes in the form of desserts. As indicated by the name, these will be the house specialty. There will be several milkshakes available, including:
- Chocolate x5: An explosion of chocolate with chocolate spirals, chunks, ice-cream and whipped cream.
- Bacon Brittle: A fun twist on a breakfast favorite with bacon ice cream, bacon brittle, chocolate covered bacon and bacon caramel.
- Espresso Buzzzz: A coffee lover’s dream with coffee ice-cream and chocolate covered beans.
- Red Velvet: A milkshake topped with a Red Velvet cupcake… enough said.
- Key Lime Pie: We’ve taken this classic Florida dessert and turned it into a delicious shake. You’ll even get a slice of pie on top!
The milkshakes will happily share center stage with a selection of scrumptious ice cream concoctions on the menu. These sundaes will come in flavors such as Salted Caramel Flan, Chocolate Brownie Bark, and S’mores. It has us clamoring for cavities and happily lining up for dental drillings.
There is more to this place than what tickles the tastebuds. We would be remiss to not mention the show kitchen that will allow guests to watch chocolate being made amid a puzzle of brass pipes, tanks, and other contraptions. Combine it all with a retail shop that sells the sweets being created right in the restaurant, and you will have all the working parts of The Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium. If this doesn’t sound like something out of a child’s dream, we honestly couldn’t tell you what does.
News source/photo credit: Universal Orlando