UPDATE – On May 22, Starbucks and Hot Dog Hall of Fame reopened and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen is now for full service beyond the dessert foundry.
UPDATE – On May 15, it was announced that Cinnabon, Cold Stone Creamery, and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen would be added to the lineup of restaurants open at Universal CityWalk.
Universal Orlando has officially announced that it will be reopening select restaurants, shopping, and entertainment at Universal CityWalk at limited capacity on May 14. Select venues opening will operate from 4 pm – 10 pm daily. During this period, self-parking will be complimentary and valet parking will not be an option.
Restaurants opening at Universal CityWalk with limited menus include:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market
- Cinnabon (mobile ordering available)
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame (mobile ordering available) – 5/22
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside & Lone Palm)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery (mobile ordering available)
- Starbucks – 5/22
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen – 5/22
- Voodoo Doughnut (mobile ordering available)
Available shopping at Universal CityWalk will be:
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts
The only entertainment open at Universal CityWalk will be Hollywood Drive-In Golf.
As part of the reopening, Universal is asking that all guests and team members comply with the following:
- Face covering required. Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit.
- Temperature check required. Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
- Wash hands often. Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
- Social distancing. Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your travel party and others.
- Floor markings. When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Universal is also saying that Team Members will be putting other safety measures in place, such as:
- All Team Members are undergoing temperature checks and will wear face coverings. Team Members with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be permitted to work.
- Limiting capacity at venues to help enforce social distancing. We’ve also placed signage throughout CityWalk to help you follow social distancing guidelines.
- Continuously and thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all tables, chairs and high-touch surfaces
- Offering cashless payments at all venues
Phase one reopening protocol in Florida currently allows restaurants to open outdoor seating as long as there is six feet of space between tables and inside seating must be reduced to 25 percent capacity. Open retail must also follow 25 percent capacity limits in phase one.
This is the first step in reopening Universal Orlando Resort to guests. Universal Orlando theme parks closed on March 16 with Universal CityWalk following on March 17 at midnight and the hotels on March 20 at 5:00 pm..