We are getting closer to the start of Halloween Horror Nights 30 at Universal Orlando and Universal has released more information about the specialty dining options during this year’s event! The food this year is inspired by some of the houses, including “The Haunting of Hill House,” “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” “The Bride of Frankenstein,” Jack the Clown and more! Of course there will be returning favorites to the event like Pizza Fries, S’mores Fries, and Twisted Taters, but some of the new items look incredibly good. Here’s a breakdown of some of the menus and the inspiration behind the choices.
Based on the infamous Red Room tea party in “The Haunting of Hill House,” guests can try these options:
- Stuffed Brisket Grilled Cheese: Shaved smoked brisket and pepper jack cheese, topped with pickled onions, Davina tomatoes and garlic aioli served on country loaf bread
- Jalapeño Bacon Grilled Cheese: Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño poppers and cheddar cheese pressed between fresh country loaf bread
- Tempeh Reuben and Sauerkraut: Tempeh, vegan swiss cheese and sauerkraut drizzled with 1000 Island dressing on rye bread
- Poison Tea Party: An iced tea and lemonade-based rum punch with mountain huckleberry and allspice notes
These next dishes are carved to perfection and inspired by Leatherface and “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”:
- Roasted Lamb Spit: Juicy lamb fresh off the spit served with spiced garlic pickles and white bread
- Severed Ribs: Delicious sliced sticky ribs with BBQ sauce
These black & white themed items that would feel at home in Germany are inspired by “The Bride of Frankenstein”:
- Bride of Frankenstein’s Swirl: Served in a black waffle cone
- Flammkuchen: Crispy flatbread topped with crème fraiche, thinly sliced onions and smoked bacon
- Reibekuchen: Savory potato pancake with apple sauce, crispy pumpernickel crumble, crème fraiche and chives
The Pumpkin Lord sounds like a menacing character, but this food inspired by Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin doesn’t sound as bad:
- Field of Screams Gyoza: Dumplings filled with spicy ground turkey and butternut squash
- Pumpkin Guts (vegan): Sautéed zucchini and butternut squash noodles with hazelnut “brown butter,” sage, parsley and toasted hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds served out of a squash ring
- Dulce Pumpkin Spiced Churro: A dessert favorite filled with flavors of the season and the popular caramelized milk confection
You should be terrified of the Tooth Fairy and these items inspired by the house, Revenge of the Tooth Fairy:
- Bourbon Candied Pork Belly: Skewered thick cut bacon coated in an apple bourbon candy coating
- Monte Cristo Waffle Stick: Waffle on a stick filled with ham and swiss cheese covered in powdered sugar and raspberry melba
- Beer Floats complete with vanilla soft-serve ice cream, whipped cream and topped with either a dried orange wheel or large pieces of peanut brittle
Voodoo Doughnut in Universal CityWalk is getting in on the action as well with specialty doughnuts like Dracula’s Kiss and the Bride of Frankenstein!
Besides the items already mentioned, there will be plenty of food and treats found throughout Universal Studios Florida at the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store along with other food tents. Inside the Tribute Store you can expect to see “Jack the Clown” and “Chance” Mason Jar Treats, Graveyard Cupcakes, Pumpkin Cocoa Bomb and more. Guests at Universal who love their Coca-Cola Freestyle will find new exclusive Fanta Flavorween mixes like Fanta Grape Goblin, Fanta Orange Jack-O-Lantern and Fanta Strawberry Scary Skull.
Halloween Horror Nights begins on September 3 and runs through October 31, 2021. If you’re looking to book a vacation to Universal Orlando Resort, consider using Dreams Unlimited Travel!